Search Project (“Search Project Ltd”, “We”, “Our”) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
‘Personal information’ is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Personal information we collect about you
We may gather and use certain information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We may also collect activity information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- For our own internal records;
- To improve the products and services we provide;
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- To customise the website for you;
- How and why we use your personal information;
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Who we share your personal information with
- Companies within the Search Project Ltd group of companies;
- Third parties we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business (e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts).
Transferring your personal information out of South Africa
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside of South Africa, e.g.:
- With your and our service providers located outside South Africa;
- If you are based outside South Africa;
- Where there is an international dimension to the services we are providing to you
If you would like further information please contact our Data Protection Officer (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access – The right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Rectification– The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information;
- Erasure – The right to require us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it – in certain situations;
- Restriction of processing – The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances (e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data);
- Data Portability – The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations; Objection – The right to object:
- At any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
- In certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information (e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name, address);
- Provide us with proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- Let us know which right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
How to Contact Us
Alternatively, you may contact our Data Protection Officer using the details below: